Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wedding soap preview!

Ok, so I have been a BUSY BUSY bee working these past FIVE (YES, FIVE!) days on my wedding soaps! My internet presence has been lacking lately (I guess that's a good thing since I'm on my computer 14+ hrs. a day) I feel like this has become a full-time job! I wake up, run, shower, then get into the kitchen and start cooking soaps until the wee hours of the morning! Here is a small preview (of course I'm not going to show the finished product, I don't want people to see them before the wedding! And if you think you know what it is, keep it to yourself!).

I started working on these last Wed. Below are parts 1 and 2:


I cannot show step 3 because this is when the magic happened... Below is step 4, the final step (and step 4 took me 4 days to complete! Oye, it was the most time consuming part) and voila! They are finished!!! (BTW: That's my new loaf mold in the pic. that came last week! I L-O-V-E it! It's 12" x 3" x 3.5" and it's going to make for some fun future soap projects!)


Below is another fun little soap I've been working on for the past 3 or 4 days. This one is an 8" x 8" square (shown below) that I made and it needs to be cut down into smaller pieces (which I'll do tomorrow because the STUPID Fed Ex guy who I mentioned in my last post left my supply box in the office! GRRR). Once I cut this block down, I'm going to offer these for sale on my etsy page! Did I mention it's plumeria scented? YUM.


Okie dokie, I'm gonna hit some hay now. It was a long and laborious day of soap-making and I am exhausted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment