I'm not exactly sure why parts of the top turned white... I just ended up cutting that part off to make the top more visually appealing.
First, I popped out the bad-boy that was in the blue silicone mold! I actually found this mold at Goodwill for less than $2! Don't you just love the little squiggly lines on top???
In this picture, I cut the end off so the soap would have a smooth look on both sides. I got some weird marble look towards the bottom of the soap. I think it gives it a cool "natural" look! And next to the soap is the surplus purple oxide I used. I was hoping to get some variation of that purple color. It wasn't even close! ;)
I was able to get 8 bars from this mold! The soaps all weigh 3.4 oz or more (at least for now, until all the water evaporates from them and they lose some of that).
Next up was the big log mold! Remember the white stuff on top? It's gone since I cut it off and I got a cool marbly look! It sort of makes me think of Smacks cereal!
And bar #1 has been cut from the mold! You can't really see it all that well, but the bars cut from this batch also had a little marble look inside each bar! (I just think it's really cool since I wasn't going for a marble look at all) :)
I was able to get 16 bars cut from this mold. Those are little air bubbles that you see below. The mixture was SOOO thick when I poured it, I did try to tap the mold on the counter to get the bubbles out. I guess I wasn't completely successful.
Here are all the bars in their new home for the next 4-6 weeks!
If you look closely below at the bar in the front from the blue silicone mold, you will see something that looks like blubber on the left side. I think this was fragrance oil that didn't get completely mixed in (by the time I added the fragrance oil, the mix was already a THICK pudding consistency so it was hard to get it all mixed in). This was the only place I found this through all of the cuts I made in the soap (which I was pretty excited to find. I thought it would have been much worse!). I can report today that the yellow color below is starting to blend with the rest of the bar.
Since it is really difficult to tell what color these soaps are, I decided to take a picture of my first batch (oatmeal, milk, and honey scented) on the left next to this new batch (tropical vacation scented). I think it is very brown, but my husband Todd said it looked army green to him. He also said they look "organic" so they have that going for them. ;)
Even though I didn't quite get the pinkish/purple color I was going for in this batch, I think overall these soaps still turned out pretty nicely. :)